“This kind of work requires time, tenacity and resources.”
Jim Dey | Champaign News-Gazette
November 2, 2013
Thanks to your support and aggressive citizen action, Illinois has a future. Here are some highlights:
LAWSUIT FORCED OPEN ILLINOIS STATE CHECKBOOK:
Republican Comptroller Judy Baar-Topinka falsely claimed that production of state checkbook was an undue burden, and refused to provide us with line-by-line state spending. Recently, she produced eight years of public spending (2005-2013), but only after a year in court. Read Chicago Tribune editorial
“EVERY DIME. ONLINE” TRANSPARENCY:
OpenTheBooks.com is an online and mobile database with 370 million lines of federal, state and local spending. The Wall Street Journal and John Stossel showcased our app, which allows citizens to track spending on their mobile devices. Open The Books app was awarded the “Top Political App” award by the Web Marketing Association.
INVESTIGATION OF GOV QUINN ADMINISTRATION:
Illinois Medicaid Scandal- up to $190 million of no-bid IT contracts with questionable vendors. The FOX News Channel aired nationally, and WAND- NBC locally. National Review,Huffington Post, Computerworld, Daily Caller, Washington Free Beacon, and Alton Telegraph all published reports. The Governor attempted censorship of Huffington Post while harassing perceived whistleblowers.
ILLINOIS PAY & PENSION RESEARCH REPORTS:
Here are a few highlights…
1. Teachers Retirement- 4,800 Illinois educator pensions exceed $100,000 per year.
2. University System- Moraine Valley Community College President made $673,000, then retired on $330,000 annual pension.
3. Municipal Pay- interim Schaumburg police chief makes $68,900-PER MONTH!
1. Robert Healy, former Lyons Township School Treasurer, was indicted for allegedly stealing $1.5 million (August) after our highlight of his extreme salary spike prompted local citizens to ask key questions.
2. Taxes for Taxi’s Report- Over $50 million in no-bid payments to cab companies are now subject to a bid process. NBC5-Chicago found felons driving some cabs (May).
3. Published investigation of new Executive Director of Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB) Roger Eddy uncovered many questionable, extra-lawful dealings.
Please invest in our work with a $25, $50, $75, $100, $250, or $500 donation today.
Founder & Chairman, For The Good of Illinois
PS. Time, tenacity and resources- our teams need your help. Please give a gift of $25, $50, $100, $250 or $500.
No comments yet