Today, we sued College of DuPage for alleged violations of the Open Meetings Act conferring President Robert Breuder’s $762,868.77 severance package.
“The Board’s actions were a slap in the face to the principles
of open government and transparency that are
embodied in the Open Meetings Act.”
FOR THE GOOD OF ILLINOIS,
EDGAR COUNTY WATCHDOGS, et al
COLLEGE OF DUPAGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Click here to review our lawsuit complaint
NOW, IT’S YOUR TURN!
COD TO VOTE AGAIN ON BREUDER’S $762,000
By Robert Sanchez | January 27, 2015
Click here to read the Daily Herald story
AT COD: “TAXPAYERS DO NOT COUNT. INSIDERS DO.”
Kathy Hamilton, Vice Chairman, College of DuPage
Chicago Tribune Editorial Board | January 26, 2015
Read the tremendous editorial backing Hamilton’s reforms
COLLEGE CHIEF GETS GOLDEN PARACHUTE AFTER ANDRZEJEWSKI FINDINGS
Jim Dey, Champaign News-Gazette | January 27, 2014
Read the comprehensive editorial
IT’S TIME TO RAISE YOUR VOICE
“Voluntary” retirement should not come with a $762,868.77 severance package. It’s one of the largest in Illinois state history. Let’s battle it…
Tomorrow night, come to the College of DuPage Board Special Board Meeting. Let’s “citizen filibuster” this blatant waste of student and taxpayer dollars. Everyone gets three minutes to speak during public comment.
COD QUICK FACTS:
- Robert Breuder stands to earn up to $1.4 million over the next 15 months – approximately $625,000 in salary plus benefits and the $762,828.77 lump sum severance bonus.
- Breuder has only been at COD since 2009- that’s six years and approximately $3 million in total compensation. Why is this board conferring up to $1.4 million more over the next fifteen months?
- Received at least $508,000 severance in 2008 from Harper Community College in Lake County. That’s almost $1.2 million in “voluntary” severance bonuses since 2008 from Illinois junior colleges.
- Breuder’s email strategy compromised ethics. Tried to procure a $20 million state construction grant- for a building he admitted COD did not need- and political support to incumbent governor Pat Quinn.
- Presided over $100 million in hidden “Imprest” spending since 2009. Only the administrators knew the details, trustees & public did not.
- Faculty voted “No Confidence” for the first time in 56 year college history.
- Administration presided over “possible fraud” in the COD radio station
- Spent over $27,000 of student and taxpayer money at his private shooting club on dues, fees and dinners. Breuder slaughtered an African Elephant in Botswana – students and taxpayers paid for his global satellite phone.
- Opened up “House Account #10” at the COD upscale French restaurant and spent tens of thousands of dollars on dinners and alcohol for himself, the board of trustees, senior management team and others.
- Presided over the 2013 “Five Days of Christmas Party” whereby dinners, drinks, parties and gifts were showered on the college trustees, senior managers, and himself.
- Breuder has not been accused by law enforcement of any wrongdoing.
IT’S A BOARD ON THE RUN – MAKE THEM HEAR FROM YOU
Tomorrow night, the College of DuPage has scheduled a new board meeting to re-vote Robert Breuder’s $762,868.77 Golden Parachute.
Help this board come to its senses… let’s stop this wasteful spending.
IT’S TIME TO RAISE YOUR VOICE
Tomorrow night, all of us need to use our three minute public comment to let the board hear what we think. Bring your family, friends and all acquaintances…
I’ll see you there!
For The Good of Illinois
Founder & Chairman, For The Good of Illinois
PS. Here are the directions at College of DuPage Special Meeting at 7pm, Please Click Here.
PLEASE HELP OUR TEAMS WITH A $25, $50, $100, $250 or $500 donation to the cause. Thank you!
No comments yet